You have a choice in how to lodge your tax return. You can lodge:
- through a registered tax agent, like us - contact us by 31 October if you haven't lodged with them before
- online with myTax if you're a sole trader
- using standard business reporting (SBR) enabled software if you're a company, trust or partnership
- by paper.
Make sure you check your return before it's lodged, even if you use a tax agent.
When is your tax return due?
If you lodge:
- through a tax agent, we will tell you when your tax return is due
- yourself as a
- sole trader, partnership or trust, your tax return is due by 31 October
- company, you will need to check the due date. Generally the lodgment and payment date for small companies is 28 February. If you have any outstanding tax returns, the due date is 31 October.
The information provided in this BLOG is of a general nature only and has been provided without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this you should consider whether the information is appropriate considering your objectives, financial situation and needs.